The FDA defines ice as “food”. For example, bacteria can be propagated by the ice cream polluted by the mold and the virus or by eating dinner while spreading other food-like illness.
Ice from contaminated ice machines is the most common health violation, it is a violation that could lead to potential money laundering, violation points or worse illness.
And why is the most important reason why ice is polluted?
Unnecessary handling by an employee or inappropriate ice machine. Basically, human error.
Here’s what you can do to ensure your ice machine and ice handling are safe and up to the code
The machines are required by the law to keep the machine clean and sanitized. A messy ice machine could cost $ 250 a restaurant and cost 5 violation points. When 13 points are allowed to keep you “A” letter grade, a lot more to leave 5 points.
But aren’t ice machines approach too cold for germs to survive?
Apparently not. Scientific studies have found that cold temperatures do not kill bacteria and viruses, they only slow down the growth process.
It can take weeks or months for a significant increase. Ice could taste the flavor and fine, but still harboring dangerous bacteria.
That’s pretty dangerous stuff.
Appropriate ice machine cleaning is not required by law, it is essential for the safety of your patrons. The Health Inspector Division has recently given the screwdriver as part of their standard equipment.
Using the screwdriver removal paneling panel to remove the ice machine for inspector foam search.
- Do not store something like food, drink or fruit inside the ice machine. Do not use ice machines as a refrigerator
- Occasionally do not use “storage ice” or ice which is used to keep ice (oysters, shrimp, etc.), such as drink ice.
- If there is a glass or plastic break near the ice machine, all the ice is empty and disposed. After that, clean the ice machine and clean it before reloading the ice.
- Change the regular water filter
- The machine does not return unused ice.
- At least once a week clean ice machine
- For ice makers in the high-drought areas, like Bruce or Pizzerias, professional cleaning should occur more.
- If the room is humid, the mold can grow faster. More often cleaned.
- The ice machine regularly needs to be cleaned with a chemical sanitizer.
In addition to avoiding penalties and points, all hotels, bars, and restaurants have the responsibility of serving their patrons, clean, safe ice.
Even if your Ice machine is properly maintained, then inappropriate handling can cause pollution. The following protocols are important for ice cream safety personnel.
- Wash hands before getting ice.
- Do not manage ice with your hands;
- Use scoops, tongs or utensils Sect 81.07 g, use a glass as a scoop
- Hold ice scoops by hand without touching other parts
- Save ice scoops outside of a separate container ice maker
- Ice scoop and containers should be regularly washed and sanitized.
Every food service should be taken seriously by the service operators to maintain food security, ice protection and maintenance of your ice machine.
By following the rules, “A” will keep your home in place, ensure the security of your patrons and protect your brand.